About the Award
Silver Archer USA AWARDS: 2016 - the competition announced
15 September - 31 December 2016
The executive board of the competition has postponed the final submission of projects until December 31, 2016. The date coincides with the registration deadline for all Silver Archer categories and regional competitions.
The objective of the Silver Archer USA AWARDS is to highlight projects that expand intergovernmental, cultural, economic and social ties, aimed at furthering Russia's integration into the global communication space.
Main evaluation criteria: the project's humanitarian significance and potential to develop relations between Russia and the USA
- Historical heritage, Culture;
- Russian education;
- Charity and Health;
- Business, technologies and innovations;
- Communications and media (newspapers, magazines, radio and TV);
- Personal contributions, where the prize goes to an individual contribution to the development of communications between Russia and the USA.
- The project has to be realized in 2016
- The project brief should consist of 10-20 pages with the name, author (executor), deadline, scope, tasks, objectives, practical actions, and achievements clearly indicated. It is to be submitted in electronic form. A summary of the project is published on the competition website and in the catalog; documentary support in the form of publications, photos, and video reports must be sent as additional links.
The trophy for the contest is a statuette of an archer, the symbol of the competition.
Entries to the competition can be registered for free at www.luchnik.ru/silver_archer-usa/awards/.
Competition regulations can be found here: http://www.luchnik.ru/silver_archer-usa/regulations/
Entries should be submitted in Russian or English. A panel of experts and representatives of the industry from different countries will evaluate the entries. Winners of the first stage of the competition will be announced in January 2016. The second stage of the competition, open presentations and the awards ceremony will take place in January 2016 in Washington, D.C.
The first Silver Archer USA AWARDS contest was held in 2011. The winners were Olga Zatsepina, President of the Russian American Cultural Heritage Centre, whose entry was the Children’s Festival of Russian Culture; Boris Vinogradsky, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Russian American Medical Association, with the project Children’s Heart; Elena Abramova from the Brandhouse Group in Washington, whose entry was Communications Support of the Webinon Center: the American Dream in Action; Elena Staroselskaya, President of Russian Washington _RussianDC.com, whose entry was Creating a Centralized Information Space, strengthening Russian communities in America, promoting the image of Russia; and Uli Zislin, director of the Washington Museum of Russian Poetry and Music.